Friday, November 12, 2021

Adopt a Grandparent

 Have you thought about how Covid has affected the elderly? Do you have a loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility? 

This is something that has weighed on me. My aunt is living in a nursing home and her family wasn't able to see her for so long. Her sister (my MIL) could go see her. It was very stressful. 

A couple years ago before Covid start I was able to attend an event at an assisted living facility and hand out Christmas cards with my daughter. It was stressful and exciting at the same time. I felt so bad for some of the residents that didn't have family to visit them. I thought I would love to do this every year and then Covid hit and that was no longer a possibility. So I thought and came up with another idea. I want to make a big gift basket with things for the residents to do. Intellectual activities will help keep their minds sharp and help prevent dementia. I also hope they just feel the love of people caring about them when they see some donated gifts to them! 

I can't do this alone I need your help! 

So if you would like to help there are a few ways that you could do so. 

Any of these three options will get active books in the residents hands! 

❤️ Donate any amount directly to my PayPal or Venmo and I will use it to order activities. 

🎄PayPal at jamiemooreubam@gmail.com 

🎄Venmo @JamieMooreUbam 

💜 Order off my wishlist https://g9548.myubam.com/wishlist/33bf6565-3ffe-4190-8da1-addd00f7399d (contact me for my address if you don’t have it to send the books to me) Local Friends I can pick up if needed.

💙Shop for your family and friends here: https://g9548.myubam.com/2291899

YES SHOPPING can help! All purchases earn rewards for books to donate! 

Thank you for helping this community! Please reach out with any questions and feel free to share this post. Maybe we can help more than one residence!

No comments:

Post a Comment